Dual-language resources for bilingual children and parents
and for the multi-lingual classroom
Tech Training for EAL
Free Half Day Tech Training Courses:
This was the feedback from some of the staff that came from Orchard Primary on the 20.4.2017:
"Fabulous - very clear and infomative. It was valuable to use the PENpals and I feel they will be very versatile in school" Caroline
"Brilliant introductory session, good pace with opportunities for questions and answers" Shanaz
"Amazing resources - versatile and adaptable. Clear instructions and lots of hands on experience" Jackie
"Very good delivery of training. Will use it while doing guided reading" Nafi
Other recent feedback:
" Training was beyond my expectations! So excited to get started on recording and creating our own publications." Jane Wheeler, Emerson Valley School, 5th April 20117
"A very useful session. Lots of super resources to use with EAL pupils. Useful for SEN pupils too.
Super ways to help parents learn English with their children. Love the e-books and PENpals."
Rachel Ballard, ATL Teacher, new arrivals. St Mary's CE Primary, Slough. 4 JAN 2017
"It was incredibly useful and inspiring.
Everyone left knowing far more about how to use the technology to engage and support learners.
More importantly, everyone left enthused to put this learning into practise in the classroom."
Erica Field, EMA Teaching & Learning Adviser (KS2-4), Early Help & Schools, Rochdale
Great that we were in a small group and could ask lots of questions.
Your resources are amazing! More people need to know about this training."
Ursula Head, EAL Co-ordinator, Brackenbury Primary School, London.
A Power Point file of the training is available for you.
Please click here to access it.
This file is for current users and enquirers. It shows you, in a series of very short videos, how to use PENpal, Dual Language Ebooks, Welcome Booklet App, viVOS Artframe....You will soon be able to add home languages to your EAL Resources.
The most recent training sessions were in Rochdale, Wolverhampton and our offices in North London.
If you attend you are entitled to a 25% discount on PENpal and have one month's free use of our e-book Library.
. Use of PENpal to access and create multi-language books, posters, and bespoke, talk-enabled printed resources
• Learn how to use multi-lingual paper based resources with audio voice-overs
• Record voice(s) on recordable sticky labels or pages of a book
• Manage content stored on multiple sets of PENpals
• Download over 1000 free bilingual audio files with FREElink
2. Mantra Lingua e-booklub: be proficient with the new e-book library of over 450 dual language books. Children can take home e-books to share with their parents. Maximise use on iPads, androids, laptops, and interactive whiteboards
• Learn to access on computers, laptops, iPads/androids, and smartphones
• Search for a book or languages, and read interactively
• Learn how to make and share notes to help build vocabulary
• Learn how to use the activities that help to increase vocabulary and confidence
Each participant will have 1 months free membership to Mantra Lingua e-booklub
3. An introduction to viVOS A3 tablet: place your own wordlists, drawings, mindmaps, photos, or viVOS, and fill them with voice recordings instantly
• Ideal for the new entrant to get started in a creative learning process even without knowing English
• Learn how to operate viVOS and how it manages content
• Make voice recordings with a tap of your finger on any A4 or A3 paper, anywhere
• Use resources and add resources on the free viVOS library
Next course dates in our London office are
3rd May (Wednesday)
(Places are limited to 8 people, so please reserve your space early.)
The training will be 1:00pm to 4pm in our offices in London
Mantra Lingua Ltd
Global House, 303 Ballards Lane
We are also delivering workshops and training at:
27th April 2017 at Goldington Green Academy (full)
5th May at The South GLoucestershire EMTAS conference
23rd May Cambridge with CREDs
24th May Norfolk Educators Solutions
Please contact for booking information
Henriette Barkow, t: 0208 44 55 123 x108 e: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note to EAL Support Services
We are happy to come to your training day and run a basic PENpal course as a bolt-on to your programme. If this is of interest, please contact Henriette. (email@example.com)
We would need an audience of minimum 15 attendees to cover our costs and half transport costs if outside London.