This demonstrates what you get in starting up an EAL (English as an alternative language) provision in your school. At the Child level, there are a variety of books, posters and cards; at the EAL Parent and Home level, there are Story-telling and ebooks for speaking confidently; at the school level there are questionnaires in English which printout in many languages.
For the child, we recognise that each individual has different 'learning styles'. Therefore a multi-modal approach is taken where a single story is presented in different media.
The EAL kit is designed to grow as you build your EAL/SEN provision.
The pack comes with the following components:
- 6 PENpals with USB cable and Free Online Training Course "Get the Best from PENpal and ClassroomPEN"
- 6 "Key Phrases for School" Posters with audio in 33 languages,
- 1 each of Science, Maths, Geography and English Charts with audio in 22 languages,
- 2 "My Bilingual Talking Dictionary" with English text and FREE audio downloads in 41 languages.
- Folk Tale pack of 4 books plus Lima's Red Hot Chilli all with English text and FREE audio downloads in 35+languages depending on the book.
- 2 Story Mountain Chart to help a child build a story with English, Polish and Nepali audio
- ! set of Kamishibai Story Telling cards to tie in with your books
- 1 Pack of Start Arrows
- 1 Pack of Recordable Stickers
- 1 "I Am Feeling..." Recordable Chart
- Welcome Booklet for Schools Web App
- Pupil Admissions Web App
All the components above are described separately on this website.
The pack comes in an attache case, with a sponge cutout base to support components neatly.
The net price of this pack is £650. Schools and institutions are able to reclaim VAT, please discuss with the bursar.